On today’s episode we are talking about how employees’ expectations of their companies have shifted, and how companies’ mindsets might have to change to stay relevant.
Joining us today is Chuck Hogan, Managing Partner at Your Best Life, an organization helping people to elevate finance, family, fitness and faith to maximize their Best Life through mentor strategizing, community and exclusive once in a lifetime experiences. His unique background of sales, business and relationship building gives him a rare perspective that enables him to successfully guide entrepreneurs, CEOS, and other top executives to new heights.
- Embrace Change and Possibility: The importance of embracing change and seeking possibilities, even when it means stepping out of your comfort zone. Staying in a confined space or routine can make one feel claustrophobic, especially for individuals who are free spirits or artists.
- Recognizing and Leveraging Skills: New-age leader managers are skilled at recognizing and leveraging their employees’ unique talents, even if those talents aren’t aligned with their passion. They encourage employees to mentor others and share their expertise.
- Patience and Job Satisfaction: The changing job landscape, where people switch jobs more frequently, may be due to a desire for continuous growth and a focus on self-expression.
- Balancing Scripted Experiences and Personality: The balance between scripted experiences in customer service and allowing employees to showcase their personalities. It emphasizes that effective communication goes beyond scripted words and involves factors like tone, energy, and intent.
- Rapid Technological Advancement: Technology is advancing at an unprecedented rate, causing information to become outdated quickly and changing the expectations of individuals entering the workforce.
- Shift in Aspirational Figures: Historical business figures like the Carnegies and Vanderbilts no longer serve as the primary role models for aspiring professionals due to the changing nature of work.
- Infinite Mindset and Just Causes: Younger generations are motivated by an infinite mindset, seeking just causes and movements that align with their values and being willing to make sacrifices for these causes.
- Impact on Company Culture and Communication: The shift towards more independent or contract-based work can impact company culture. Effective communication and understanding of individual personalities are essential for meeting employees’ needs and expectations.
Chuck’s Top 3 Takeaways for the Audience:
- Look in the mirror today and give appreciation to yourself.
- You don’t need a better life; you just need different options. You don’t “need” to shift, get to “choose” to shift.
- Get into the habit for time blocking. Set time aside for self-care. Your family and friends need the best of you, not what’s left of you.
How to Connect with Chuck:
Your Best Life Website: www.YBLNow.com